What are benefits of Using Sass?
Sass is a wrapper around CSS that gives CSS some super-powers. Its just like CSS is on steroids! Sass converts CSS (which is a simple language) into nearly a fully-fledged programming language.
CSS gets the benefit of using variables, scopes, functions, default arguments (like in ES6) etc.
Following are the main benefits of using SASS:
- Reduction in overall code while writing
- Code is structured and easy to understand via Nesting
- Easy to change themes by making changes only at 1 place via variables
- Scoping concept is present to make local and global variables
- CSS file can be split to multiple files and modularize via Partials
- Mathematical Operations and possible inside CSS file
- CSS properties can be added based on conditions like using if-else
- Common CSS code can be generated with minor changes using Loops
- Overall reduction in total work-hour and labour-cost for large scale project
These are only few points and while going through entire course, you will find more benefits of using Sass in a project.